Friday, March 31, 2006

Dink & Dunk: Stay Alive Edition

So I saw a preview for that movie "Stay Alive" and it blew my mind. The premise of the movie fits entirely in its tagline: "You Die In The Game - You Die For Real". The preview for the movie rips off this brief exposition to the plot, then blasts through thirty seconds of screaming co-eds running around aimlessly. Now, Stay Alive seems like typical unimaginative B-movie schlock, but it got me to thinking... what if all video games were like this?

See, I own exactly one Playstation game -- NCAA Football 2006. It went into my Playstation's (or as I like to call it, my NCAA06station) drive the day I bought it and will not come out until the day it is gingerly replaced with NCAA 07. Imagine the horrible situations that could arise if one inadvertantly played a cursed version of NCAA 06. It's so frightening that it requires a six-panel graphic novel to do it justice.


(click thumbnail for comic)