Thursday, May 04, 2006

Happy Birthday, Elmer Layden



Elmer Laden, the bruising undersized Notre Dame fullback of Four Horseman fame, celebrates his birthday today. The big fella would have been 103 years old. In addition to being a member of one of the most fearsome backfields in college football history, Layden also coached the Irish, guiding the squad to an impressive 47-13-3 record in the years leading up to the hiring of Frank Leahy.

Incidentally, it's also my birthday today. I'm not much of a horseman myself, although I have been known to ride a mean donkey.

Your Horoscope for May 4, 2006
IF IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY: With both Jupiter and Uranus strong on your birthday you must dare to be different over the coming 12 months. There is more to life than merely existing or making money, so find time to think about the mysteries of your existence. Why are you here? What does it all mean? You'll have a lot of fun searching for the answers.


And with that, I'm taking the rest of the day off of blogging to take advantage of Uranus being strong on my birthday. Let's hope it's all that it's advertised.