Thursday, July 13, 2006

Bobby P Gets $25 Mill. We're Going to the Strip Clubs!

Louisville coach and James Cagney look-alike Bobby Petrino has locked himself up a ten-year extension worth a cool $25 million bones, or clams, or whatever you people call them. While blindly optimistic Cardinal fans might see this as securing the future of the coaching staff for the next ten years, the fairly-standard buyout of $500,000 will do little to dissuade the eager job-hunter from jumping ship in next year's round of coach searches. Take it from me, these things usually don't work out. When I was in third grade, I gave my girlfriend Krista a three-dollar ring I bought at Meijer and she promised we'd be together forever, and the very next week she was cannoodling with the runny-nosed kid on the monkey bars with the stupid bowl cut, the filthy whore.

Seriously, though, Krista, if you're reading this, give me a call. I've changed for you. We can make this work.



6 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Cool Hand Mike said...

Wait, you giving jewelry to young ladies while in the third grade. PLAYA, PLAYA, from the HIMALAYA.

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Tyrone Davieham said...

Nice Big Lebowski reference.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Cool Hand Mike said...

Love that damn movie. See profile.

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Louisville Leprekaun said...

Hey fightingamish, I think your post is right on the mark. I live in Louisville (but I bleed Blue and Gold), and I agree that the fans here are wildly optimistic, probably to a fault. I see one of two things happening. Either Petrino will NOT meet expectations and stay at Louisville, or he will do well, remain a hot commodity, and suitors will eventually offer him enough money that he will leave. What it comes down to, though, is that Louisville sits precariously low on the food chain for college football, so it will be interesting to see if he is actually still with Louisville in 5 years.
BTW, I love this blog, thanks for making it happen!

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also as a Louisville Irish fan, I see the blind-sighted Cards fans thinking they have entered Big Time College Football. Hard to convince them otherwise even though their stadium barely hold 40,000 and they rarely fill it absent the Kentucky game.

And by the way, media here reports the buyout is a cool $1 million. So at least it will make a program think hard before it comes calling.

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous leprekaun said...

yeah, anonymous, I agree. However, I read that the buyout is between roughly 250K and 1 million, so I'm not sure exactly what is true; maybe it changes the longer Bobby P. stays?
Nonetheless, while Louisville has definitely raised their program (it was just 9 years ago that they played their home games in a po-dunk minor league baseball stadium), I predict that they will have a tough time dealing with the pressures of being ranked high in the pre-season. Ultimately, they will be a dangerous team, but some where along the way they will get big heads, and a team like South Florida will put them in their place.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home