Friday, March 10, 2006

Cornjerker Update!

A quick update on the Great American Mascot Hunt. My prayers were answered and we got some feedback from some honest-to-God Cornjerkers. We laughed, we cried, and we learned a valuable lesson about the true meaning of cornjerking. An anonymous Cornjerker informed us:

I grew up in Hoopeston. The often scrutinized name comes from kids heading into the cornfields after school to detassle corn, but your explanation is as good as any.
Also, IrishGuard (who I never would have pegged as a closet Cornjerker) tipped us off that Ohio State hoops coach Thad Matta has jerked some corn in his life (see the fourth paragraph down). Craziness. Who knows, maybe somebody close to you, someone you think you know very well, is a Cornjerker too.

Anyway, I've got to roll. I just whipped out my credit card and bought a ton of Cornjerker Merchandise. All of you readers who are on my Christmas list are in for quite a treat.

Maybe I'm really immature, but I find this little ditty to be unbelievably hysterical.