Friday, October 21, 2011

Stuffing the Passer - The Gold Standard

Well, the bye week is over, so it's back to work. Time to shake off the rust and get back to the grindstone. It's kind of a mystery how Stuffing the Passer reported to camp after one week off 50 pounds overweight, but offseason conditioning was never really our thing.

The big news this week is the snazzy new helmets that the lads will be sporting this week against USC. They're super gold. I mean, like, golder than gold. It's almost like how much more gold could they be? None. None more gold.

Of course, if you're a socially maladjusted crazy person like irishoutsider and myself, you can't read articles with titles like "Notre Dame sets gold standard with new helmets" and not immediately think about Ron Paul, monetary policy, William Jennings Bryan, and a gurgling stream of semi-lucid macroeconomics. This week's STP is... uh, special. It also features I believe our first ever cameo by a Nobel laureate. And, if I may be so bold, a line that I really don't think has ever been uttered by any human being before:

"Oh man, Ron Paul ruins everything! This is my 12th birthday party all over again!"