Sunday, February 12, 2006

My Favorite Video Game Ever

I'm not sure how everyone else has been coping with this offseason, but I've certainly found a lot of consolation in my brand-spanking-new copy of EA Sports' NCAA Drumline '06.


Bring it on, Bitches!


Listen, they're not paying me to say this... but Drumline 06 is the greatest video game of all time, ever. I just got it a week ago and I'm already on year 8 of my Dynasty. I've racked up half a dozen national championships and four number one recruiting classes. Sure, the first four years were on "Band Camp" difficulty level, then I upped it to "Varsity", but that all bores me now. The only way it's a challenge anymore is if I play on "Grammy" level. Yeah, I'm a madman.

So the class of 2016 is a pretty critical one, what with losing my 99-overall clarinet player to graduation, and my Sousaphone player blew off his final year of eligibility to go on tour with Aerosmith.


It ain't rebuilding, it's reloading


I'd go on and on about the enhanced graphics from Drumline 05, the awesome dual-analog gameplay, the Impact Piccolo camera, and the Band Director contracts, but really the game speaks for itself. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of the game. I'm outta here, the Rose Bowl awaits. The Irish Outsider thinks his high-powered xylophone attack is unstoppable, but I'm about to serve him a plate of steaming crow. It's going to be a bastard what with my five-star tuba player going down during pregame with an Index Finger Contusion (2-4 Weeks), but ain't no excuses in drumline, peeps.