Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Yarrrr, What Be a Pirate's Favorite Football Team?

A lot of people are making fun of Les Miles for this flub that he made during a press conference, showing off his awesome Michigan education by not knowing how to pronounce the state directly north of the one he lives in. But hey, Les, it's not all that bad. It's an honest mistake that I'm sure all of us have made at one point or another.

So, in the interest of setting the record straight for everyone so that there are no more embarrassing mistakes, here's the House Rock Built's definitive guide to state pronunciation. If any Michigan students are reading, pay close attention, because this course is worth 3 credits toward a Kinesiology major.

Are-Can-Saw:



Arrr-Kansas:

Labels: , ,



9 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a Michigan grad.

Touche.

(I love my university, but I am in no position to defend the Kinesiology program.)

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Besides, pirates are funny.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Tis better to have failed out of the kinesiology program at Michigan then to have graduated from any program at Notre Dame.

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I can't wait 'til Les comes to Michigan and mispronounces it Nottreeeeee Damn!

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He didn't mistakenly pronounce it. That is how it is referred to by a large majority down here. I live in Louisiana and I call it that all the time. It is a joke. The man doesn't really think that it is pronounced that way.

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Ben said...

9:09, you're wasting facts on a delusional, dejected domer.

Don't be mad at him, though. He's just an angry little fella.

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am a huge Notre Dame fan so don't think I am talking against a "Domer", I am just a southerner and know what he was saying and trying to point out that he is not an idiot and clearing up the subject.

 
At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in R can saw and we never say r kansas. I think ol Les was trying to fuck with us. Guess he and LSU were the ones who got fucked in the end. Maybe Les can win the title at Michigan. I don't think so but maybe.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger harry hasselhoff said...

Big talk from a bunch of morons who can't pronounce the name of their own school correctly. Repeat after me domers: No-tra Dahm, No-tra Dahm.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home