Sunday, September 03, 2006

Insult to Injury for Georgia Tech Fans

It's been a tough weekend for Georgia Tech fans, and there's a chance it could get even more heartbreaking. One day after a narrow home loss against Notre Dame, Bobby Petrino and the Louisville Cardinals are threatening to shatter Georgia Tech's 90 year-old record for largest margin of victory tonight against Kentucky.

Seriously, if you're watching this bloodbath on ESPN right now, there's little to indicate that the Cardinals won't be able to hang 222 on Kentucky, especially since Petrino is the modern heir-apparent to John Heisman's legacy of running up the score, no matter the cost.

I had the game on in the background while prepping myself for some serious wrapup blogging, but I just switched it off. I'm not into snuff films. I suggest you do the same.