Saturday, December 31, 2005

Peach Bowl Semi-Liveblogging

Observations from the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl




 Did it piss anyone else off that every skill position player for Miami was wearing a tinted visor? Sure, it may be useful for those scorching afternoon games in the Orange Bowl, but look around you, geniuses. It's a night game. In a dome. What, is Corey Hart their equipment manager?



Now here's a guy who can appreciate wearing sunglasses at night



I'm angry at Chick-Fil-A right now. So I watched the entire Peach Bowl from the opening kickoff the the final seconds, and in doing so was bombarded by advertisements for the corporate sponsor. So as the last seconds are ticking off the clock, I have a ravenous and uncontrollable urge to eat myself a Chick-Fil-A sandwich. And that's when I found out this: 
You filthy, filthy tease




That's right, to fulfill my craving I would have to get in the car and drive 53 miles in the middle of the night after a long night of football and drinking just to get a freaking chicken sandwich. I only made it as far as Deerfield before plowing my car off the road and into a ditch, breaking both my legs.

Okay, that didn't happen, but it could have, thanks to Chick-Fil-A's corporate irresponsibility. Today, my craving for Chick-Fil-A remains unabated and I have no idea when it will be... um, abated. Look, either build restaurants in Chicago or black out the game in the region, because what you're doing now is cruel and unethical.




(click for full-size)
 Continuing on yesterday's anthropomorphic peach thread, loyal reader Sean Harmon directed me to this picture, which even further illustrates the latent sexuality inherent in the design of a peach. With the sponsors dumping the "Peach Bowl" tag next year, they're going to have to think of another way to sex up the game. Might I suggest renaming it the "Chick-Fil-A Amorphophallus Paeoni Bowl?"



Can't wait to see what the trophy looks like!