Sunday, January 01, 2006

Dink & Dunk: New Years Edition


Wink Dinkins and Buck Dunkowitz will pay cash money to anyone who will mail a Chick-Fil-A sandwich to Chicago.


Fluuuuuuuuuuutie!
Doug Flutie is a solid dude. Yeah, he played his college ball at the University of Boston in Chestnut Hill, but we can't hold that against him. Especially now that he's doubled his highlight reel, completing the first successful drop-kick in the NFL since 1941. Those of you who missed it make sure to tune into ESPN tonight, because it's about the coolest thing you'll ever see.


Yet another food I'm craving that is unavailable in Chicago.
Not that anyone asked, but the last dropkick was completed by Ray "Scooter" McLean of the Chicago Bears, who booted an extra point in the fourth quarter of the NFL Championship game against the New York Giants on December 12, 1941. (source)


Law & Order
My advice to anyone getting mugged by Maurice Clarett: run. If you can make it 40 yards away in less than six seconds, you're in the clear.



All we are is Dust in the Wind
Boy, now I'm really feeling guilty. In last week's post about my favorite Blue things, I somehow forgot to include Joseph "Blue" Palasky, the affable old-timer from Old School. Several of you called me out on it, but before I could come up with an appropriate tribute to Blue, he kicked the bucket. We're going to miss you, big fella. Hopefully he'll be able see our belated but heartfelt tribute to a true champion of Blue on that big old MPC Computer in the sky.


You're my boy, Blue.