Sunday, December 03, 2006

Oh, Song Girls. Words Cannot Describe My Relationship With You

Let's just say that my relationship with the USC Song Girls is marked with peaks and valleys. From day to day, it ranges from soaring admiration and true unselfish love to shock and confusion while yet another 500-yard restraining order is slapped on me in a Los Angeles county courtroom. Yet, throughout these trials and tribulations, I have always remained faithful.

Anywho, the Song Girls restored my faith in songgirldom this afternoon with yet another display of empty-headed ineptitude. I'm sure all of you remember last year's gaffe when a Song Girl cheered for Vince Young's game-winning touchdown, and history found a way to repeat itself today. Witness, if you will, a Song Girl cheering on the UCLA extra point. Sigh. If any of those lovely ladies need a personal tutor in the intricacies of the college football game, well, the House Rock Built Academy for the Advancement of Hot and Really Skinny California Babes in College Football Rules Comprehension (tHRBAoH&RSCBiCFBRC, to the layman) is open 24/7. For serious.

Labels: , , , ,



15 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger gwzimm said...

HOW 'BOUT THEM BRUINS!!!!!

The poodle got punk'd!!!!!

Let's just say that the "mediocre" ND opponent UCLA jumped up and bit the Toejams in the ass, and I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I bet Mark May is crying in his Wheaties this morning

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Kyle said...

Your acronym is missing the A for Advancement. Come on man, this is a ND board!

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Sean Fitzgerald said...

I saw that, too. And then I thought, they did it again! She is also missing a pom-pom. I think there may be some drug abuse problems with the Song Girls to expalin these gaffes.

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that three, but didn't think it's worth a comment. If you are going to pick on typos, Kyle, you should realize that it is either "an ND board," or "a Notre Dame board." Using "an" versus "a" depends on the next word's sound, not the letter.

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the UCLA celebration after the game. It was some small consolation prize for what we all had to endure as fans last week.

Brian,
What do I have to do to get tenure in your academy?

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger gwzimm said...

WTF?????

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous krizoitz said...

umm, about that situation last year. The picture shows the song girl cheering with the players all in the center of the field, Vince Youngs game winning TD came on the outside. It may have been a stupid time to cheer, but it wasn't the game winning TD, just fyi.

 
At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Kyle said...

Lol anon, you should also check out the difference between three, and there. :). All in fun my man, all in fun.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger gwzimm said...

Six munts ago I culdnt spell collige graduate. Now I are one

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Sean H. said...

krizoitz:

Brian was wrong it wasn't the TD. It was the 2 pt conversion.

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

even better is the clip on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brcl8U0jHto&eurl

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Andy said...

Here's another shining example of the yearly ritual of USC players introducing themselves to the law:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/NFL/2006/12/04/2621961-ap.html

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger gwzimm said...

Too bad he can't get Johnny Cochran to defend him, but maybe OJ will testify as a character witness

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous GoIrish85 said...

BTW, I turned on the game just as this play was taking place. I couldn't figure out what was going on because - as the picture shows - there's a #10 on the defensive end & the Song Girl is cheering. Isn't JDB #10? I thought it was a USC td.

This game is a must see regardless of the teams. It's all about the Song Girls & the Bruin cheerleaders.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger gwzimm said...

I have applied for the position of giving all the song girls a cavity search prior to the game.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home