Monday, October 23, 2006

So I'm Talking to this Girl from the UCLA Nation...

So UCLA's running back's name is Chris Markey (pronounced Marquee). Just reading it, it seems like a pretty normal, non-comical name. But wait, not so fast my friend. Every time he had a carry (19 of them for 34 whopping yards), the PA announcer in the stadium came on and said:

Chris Markey rushes for two yards.


The funny thing is, he would say it so fast that it sounded exactly like he was saying:

Biz Markie rushes for two yards


This, naturally, was a hysterical happenstance which caused the Irish Outsider and I to immediately burst into a rousing round of "You! You got what I neeee-eeeed!". Every. Single. Time.

Maybe there's something wrong with me, you know, psychologically. But if howling out the greatest anthematic song in history at the top of our lungs is wrong, goddammit, I don't want to be right.


Fast forward to 1:34. Turn up volume. Sing as loud as you can. Drink 40 ouncer. Repeat.


UPDATE: Holy crap popsicle! Is Biz Markie wearing a Notre Dame shirt?

Labels: , ,