Monday, October 23, 2006

So I'm Talking to this Girl from the UCLA Nation...

So UCLA's running back's name is Chris Markey (pronounced Marquee). Just reading it, it seems like a pretty normal, non-comical name. But wait, not so fast my friend. Every time he had a carry (19 of them for 34 whopping yards), the PA announcer in the stadium came on and said:

Chris Markey rushes for two yards.


The funny thing is, he would say it so fast that it sounded exactly like he was saying:

Biz Markie rushes for two yards


This, naturally, was a hysterical happenstance which caused the Irish Outsider and I to immediately burst into a rousing round of "You! You got what I neeee-eeeed!". Every. Single. Time.

Maybe there's something wrong with me, you know, psychologically. But if howling out the greatest anthematic song in history at the top of our lungs is wrong, goddammit, I don't want to be right.


Fast forward to 1:34. Turn up volume. Sing as loud as you can. Drink 40 ouncer. Repeat.


UPDATE: Holy crap popsicle! Is Biz Markie wearing a Notre Dame shirt?

Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

indeed he is sir, and having a much better time than Jack Nicholson when he was rocking an Irish shirt in The Departed.

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Sean Fitzgerald said...

Best Biz Markie line ever, from "Nobody Beats the Biz":

"You know me as the b-i-z-m-a-r-k-i-e-and
I go for what I know doin a show for human beings
Im guaranteed to rock, I make the ladies scream and shout
Im bound to wreck your body and say turn the party out"

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous mike marchand said...

That is the verse where he talks about visiting "Blahblahblah" at her college.

You don't think . . . . . . naahhhhhh.

Though the building in the "visitor's form" scene does look a little like Morrissey.



OH, SNAP!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Kilted Domer said...

Oh... God bless you.

1, because I'm not the only person who thought about that Biz Markie thing (though I was watching it at home and not about to start singing that song, lest my wife brain me) and 2, because that was the section song of 10th floor Grace Hall section A for the 1989-90 school year and I can't bring myself to spend good money for a whole Biz Markie album just to get that song.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home