Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Howard Schnellenberger... On Recruiting

Howard Schnellenberger Says...

"Back in '82, there was this kid who lived on a farm in Kentucky that all the scouts said I had to see. So as I'm driving down his 2 mile long driveway, I come around a bend and see this big feller, buck nekkid, strangling a 2,000 pound bull with his bare hands. When I introduced myself to the kid, he bit my hand as hard as he could, tearing open a wound that would later take 14 stitches to close. I offered him a scholarship right then and there."

Labels: , ,



6 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger gwzimm said...

I worry about Howard....

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And that is the first of many thugs (whom couldn't read or write) that I would bring to Louisville, just like I did at Miami."

"And boy, how I left Miami in such great shape!"

Schnellenberger - a great guy indeed.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Hal said...

Uh, to the poster above, please note this from yesterday's post:

"Every day from now until I get bored with the idea, we will hear some highly fictionalized words of wisdom from Howard....."

And for the record, Schnellenberger rules! And this is a hilarious idea. Sometimes Howard's actual quotes are funnier than the made up ones, really. :)

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Tommy O said...

used "whom" wrong too. if you're gonna be snobby enough to use it, use it correctly.

Schnellenberger slept with all of our wives and punched us in the face...and we loved him for it!

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Robb said...

Tommy O, he taught me how to be a man, love a woman and scold a child.

He also pisses molten steel.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger gwzimm said...

Look at that picture. That's why I no longer believe in Santa Claus

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home