Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Final Blogpoll: Yeah, Peer Pressure!

After reading over the spirited debate on my initial blogpoll, I've modified it slightly in light of some of the valid points brought up by my commentators. Here you go:

RankTeamDelta
1 Ohio State --
2 Michigan 3
3 Auburn 1
4 Florida 2
5 Southern Cal 1
6 Louisville 1
7 Oregon 4
8 Tennessee 2
9 Notre Dame 3
10 Boise State 1
11 Georgia 3
12 Georgia Tech 8
13 Cal --
14 Louisiana State 1
15 Oklahoma 6
16 Boston College 7
17 Clemson --
18 Iowa 9
19 West Virginia 1
20 Texas 4
21 Missouri 5
22 Rutgers 2
23 Navy 3
24 Washington 2
25 Wake Forest --
Dropped Out: TCU (#14), Virginia Tech (#19), Arizona State (#22).
Allrighty, so here's what changed:
  • Texas Tech and TCU are both out, Washington is in. In an effort to avoid ranking a mediocre team above a mediocre team that beat them, I've decided to kick both to the curb and put another team with a better resume in there. I realized that I'm keeping Washington out mostly because of a personal bias, which I think is actually an unshakable belief that any Willingham-led team that shows any promise is cruising for an epic downfall. Trust me, Huskie fans, don't get excited. That being said, Washington's resume up to this point makes them worthy of a top 25 spot. For now.


    Now, let's all clap in unison




  • Oklahoma is up a bit. Not as a compensation for the refs in the Oregon game... I have vowed not to correct bad officiating in my poll, because that sends you instantly down a slippery slope from which there is no return. Instead, it's a result of me acknowledging their victory over Washington as a "quality win", what with me ranking the Huskies and all.


  • Oregon goes down a bit. Again, not because of the onside kick, but because I looked again at their schedule. At first blush, wins against Stanford, Fresno State, and Arizona State seem pretty impressive in rounding out a resume. But wait... Stanford is 0-5 (soon to be 0-6) and utter garbage. Arizona State has proved they're not a Top 25 team and will be arm-tackling their way into an early December bowl for the rest of the season. And my crush on Fresno State is mostly blind mustache-love for Pat Hill. I just realized that this year's incarnation of the Bulldogs are 1-3. Not quite as impressive as it sounds.


    Your evil spell has been broken, oh mustached one.


So, that's what I've got. Now let's see how the chips fall with the rest of the poll.

Labels: ,