Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Greg Little Decides: Definitely Maybe Notre Dame

Sort of a strange turn of events in the recruiting world today, as blue-chip linebacker/receiver Greg Little called a press conference today to announce... he hasn't decided where to go to school yet. My quick and dirty analysis is that he wants to push back his decision to the Army All-American game, which he may be receiving an invitation to soon.

There was plenty of message board hulaballoo and panicing, but I'm not really going to pay much lip service to this non-event. The Irish are still looking pretty good, as they made the final two up against the hometown Tar Heels. With any luck, the horrifying pasting we put on Carolina on November 4 should do well to cement this commitment.

Now get back to work and quit reading about high school kids!

Labels: ,


At 6:55 AM, Anonymous dbldomer7375 said...

Uh-oh. I have cause for concern. The hat on the right is from North Durham High School. Note the interlocking ND is white not gold.
Do you suppose that this means a mid year high school transfer? Will other recruitniks pick up on this subtle change in the fortunes of a fine young man?
What shall we do?

At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Jim said...

Maybe I should go get a coordinating navy blue blazer/gold tie combo like Mr. Little.

That's a sharp color combination.

At 5:33 PM, Blogger gwzimm said...

From what I've read, this kid is the "real deal." I understand he's the next Rhema McNight.

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Matt said...

He must have lost a bet or something.
Or he has a girlfriend going there and he has to decide between love (awwwww) and football.

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Sean H. said...

My standard answer when someone asks me if ND will get this kid or that kid: I refuse to get excited or upset about where a 17 or 18 year old kid decides to go to college or how many times he changes his mind. (Unless, it is Scott Bentley. Scumbag.) Let me know when he signs his LOI and we can discuss.

Man, don't these people remember what it was like to be 18 and trying to figure out which college to attend? It is hard. I only had to decide between Omaha, Chicago and Bloomington with my parents. I can't imagine what it is like with Tom Lemming calling you everyday. Omaha won btw. Go Jays!

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Metz said...

Should have come to St. Louis...surprised Fr. Biondi didn't call you.

Go Bills

at least you're a Jebbie.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home